Senior Visual Designer
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Visual Designers with a mountain of exciting and complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will seek to craft the best player experiences through your knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. You will collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both an artistic and design problem solver. You understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
- Help define the vision of the product and disseminate that information to the team
- Able to take projects from good to great
- Establish and implement consistent art practices for the discipline
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
- Work cross functionally to drive creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Ideate and craft a vision for what the brand can be along all touch-points
- Build a narrative with clear focal points across an entire experience
- Switch between design styles with no effort, understanding when a current design and its overall style needs to be stretched further and the reasoning behind it
- Develop a relationship between logo mark, type family, color palette, iconography, photo style and pattern library
- Collaborate outside design to ensure a highly polished final product
- Possess a deep understanding of player pattern interactivity and user experience flow across multiple products
- Make meaningful decisions on the visual style to improve usability and craft immersive experiences in a thematically consistent style
- Communicate high level concepts with confidence and give clear feedback
- Serve as a mentor to junior artists
- Participate in the research and development of new tools
- Adobe Creative Suite
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio of your work.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)