Digital Product Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As a Digital Product Manager you excel in the digital world, working within diverse teams across design and our technology teams and 3rd party suppliers. Collaboration with your international colleagues is also essential as you will learn and grow from their experiences. As part of the Riot Esports team, you’ll be passionate about creating fan experiences in the sporting world, and you will have an good appreciation of what an esports fan is looking for. This, in turn, will empower you to encourage the discovery and definition of solutions for our players and fans together with the project team.
As part of the EU Esports Publishing team in Berlin, you will report into the Senior Brand and Marketing Manager and join a small but impactful team of passionate creators who bring amazing content to our players every week.
- Manage project life cycle end-to-end from kick-off to go-live, across web and mobile
- Ensure partner goals are met, whilst controlling scope, budget, and timelines
- Collaborate with diverse teams, potentially in multiple locations – including UX, design, engineering and QA
- Drive and promote agile design and development processes with agencies
- Manage partners from requirements gathering through to launch
- Manage and communicate with 3rd parties involved in project delivery
- Produce documentation, tracking and reporting
- Contribute to overall departmental planning and resourcing across project teams
- Ensure best practices in project delivery are maintained and adapted
- You've earned your bachelor's or you have at 5 years' of experience working with teams in an Agile environment as a Producer, Agile Coach, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager, and have worked with or led a team through a full product cycle, from idea to production.
- You understand the constraints of project delivery across scope, time and budget and will have applied this knowledge previously
- You guide teams down the right path even if it’s unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure it provides optimal value
- You understand the difference between Back-end and Front-end, understand how to build processes at a high level, development processes and explain technical decision at a high level to non-technical people.
- You use your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up those strong marketing instincts with analysis, metrics, and stats. You know a thing or two about product design and design thinking
- You know how to build alignment without needing consensus, can anticipate reactions from stakeholders, and guide them on decisions based on facts and past.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.