Localization Operations Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, Aatrox to Zed, Barcelona to Tokyo; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is incredibly insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. Our team is globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of game as we help development teams deliver content to players everywhere. We strive to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
As a Localization Operations Lead you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You are accountable for all Localization outcomes for a specific Product ecosystem. You identify gaps and needs within Operations and work with the other Localization teams to increase efficiency and improve processes. You oversee the daily operational needs of our external resources and provide status updates and information as needed across all customer groups.
Reporting to the Global Head of Loc Operations, you will take care of communications with external resources and other Riot offices, to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and to ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for all languages across all products. Working with the other Operations Leads, you will focus on improving localization operations, developing best practices, guides, and runbooks. In short, you will participate in creating a scalable and sustainable content pipeline for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization.
- Monitor the operational work for localization and intervene as needed
- Be the primary contact for vendors located within this time zone
- Be the primary escalation point for technical, operational localization needs
- Develop runbooks and processes to promote the efficiency of localization pipeline
- Establish work systems and processes to track work and improve operational and player facing metrics
- You will have 4 years experience in a similar role
- English professional proficiency. Additional languages are a plus
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have general knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- Experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- Experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable communicating across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in localization process
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.