NOC Engineer (EU)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As NOC Engineer, you will report to the NOC Manager and work closely with the Operations team globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players around the world. You’ll monitor and support all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your tech skills and grasp of gamer lingo will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience.
- You will be the first responder and fixer for anything from server, network, and other infrastructure related problems, to in-game issues, internal incidents, and more.
- You will need to be comfortable multitasking to reactively address issues effecting players and service.
- You will need to communicate emergent issues internally and with players.
- With at least 5 years in NOC or Live Operations, you’ve worked as a Systems Administrator, Junior Network Engineer, or Associate DBA and have experience with many of the following, and are comfortable working with them daily:
- Monitoring solutions eg: Nagios, Elastic Search, Grafana
- Diagnostic tools
- ITIL based Ticketing systems
- With good exposure to Linux systems implementations, you have worked as an all-rounder who understands core concepts of operating systems and networking, and have worked on programming projects
- CCNP or JNCIP, you understand the Life of a Packet and have knowledge and experience on network management systems
- MySQL (basic configurations such as storage engines, memory usage, and security practices)
- Experience working on deployments in a live environment would be a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.