Development Director - Central Technology
Development Directors are leaders of delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to achieve player value through work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement for teams and development organizations, we focus on continuous improvement. Development Directors offer leadership and mentoring to help others to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As the Development Director for the Central Technology department, you will report directly to the Director of Technology Operations and will coordinate the efforts of the Central Technology teams across the department, including Data, Infrastructure, IT, Security, and QA. The role will be an essential member of the leadership team to help ensure our efforts, projects, and planning are aligned with the strategic vision and needs of our customers around Riot.
- Partner with the Central Technology group leadership to establish our roadmap that aligns with strategic goals
- Operationally accomplish the group’s strategy through coordinated efforts across the department’s central teams
- Develop and track on organizational indicators for health and project/product delivery and operations
- Ensure we have a measurable, repeatable work-system that produce results for the group and our customers
- Organize our planning, communication, and team members rituals on monthly, quarterly, and annual cadences
- Provide leadership for the delivery leadership members across our technology central teams
- Ensure the development and tracking of detailed operational plans for the group as a whole, and the teams within
- Identify risks, impediments to hitting department goals, while developing plans for mitigation and resolution
- Be a strategic adviser to the leadership team to help us be as effective as possible
- 7+ years of project management/delivery leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of software development and live operations
- Expertise in understanding and applying software development, engineering & quality assurance processes
- Fundamental knowledge of publishing, marketing, P&L/finance.
- Established expert who can help identify & recommend new modes of operation & create daily process execution
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).