Esports Business Development Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Esports Business Development Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the business expansion of LCK by promoting the esports league and content. You will help expand our suite of premier partners and support negotiations with global platforms for distribution.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Conduct analysis on the media and sports broadcast industry
- Develop the LCK broadcast distribution strategy and liaise with key stakeholders
- Manage the full process of LCK broadcast sales from negotiation, contract drafting to deal closing
- Manage broadcast partnerships
- Collaborate with the Esports Broadcast team to increase the value of LCK broadcast
- You have 5+ years of experience in the field of media/broadcast sales or business development
- You are a strategic thinker full of initiatives
- You are goal-oriented and have a sense of what it takes to win
- You have strong business acumen
- You have a deep understanding and passion for media, game, esports or sports
- You have excellent communication skills in both English and Korean
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- You are highly proficient with MS Office or Google Docs
- You have a background in entertainment, media or sports
- You have broadcast sales experience
- You possess Chinese language skills
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.