Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Live Operations lives by a follow-the-sun model, with Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in critical areas, such as the Network Operations Center, Live Production, Release Management, Live Services Data, and partnering with the Compliance Team. Live Operations Rioters are available for any problem, at any time because running a game as a service means we’ve made an implicit promise that you can play always. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We are passionate about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible; we strive to be the most player focused company in the world.
As a NOC Analyst, you will work closely with the Live Operations team and Riot globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players. You will monitor and support all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your technical skills and grasp of system integration will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience. You will be a craft expert in operational and triaging skills, available to not only solve live issues but drive projects to completion that will improve the team as well as Riot. The team can rely on you as a proactive individual, focused on solving day to day problems that affect any aspect of running live games.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) manages the 24x7 monitoring and response components of Riot's player-facing services. We are the first line of defense when things go wrong with any of our live services and many of our internal services as well. We leverage technical familiarity with best-practice processes to rapidly remediate incidents. The team is staffed with both Analysts and Engineers that provide reliable triage services across many levels of technical and process operations. The team helps to create and mentor other Riot teams on best practice in alerting, monitoring, and operational process.
- You will be the first responder, triage agent, incident commander, or fixer for anything from server, network, and other infrastructure related problems, to in-game issues, internal incidents, and more.
- You will be comfortable multitasking to reactively address issues affecting players and service.
- You will communicate emergent issues both internally and with players globally.
- You will handle technical and process improvement projects across a wide array of subjects.
- You are a proactive problem solver, who does not need a great deal of direction to follow up and ensure player pain and team pain is being resolved.
- 2 years of NOC Technician or equivalent role (Analyst, Sys Admin, Live Operations, Net Admin, etc)
- Detailed experience with the following:
- Monitoring solutions eg: NewRelic, Nagios, Elastic Search, Grafana
- Diagnostic tools eg: BigPanda
- ITIL-based Ticketing systems eg: ServiceNow, JIRA
- Exposure to Linux systems implementations
- Understanding of the core concepts of operating systems, networking, software life cycles
- Understanding the basics around databases, sql vs no-sql, etc
- Some practice with basic scripting
- Scripting/programming proficiency is highly desired
- AWS proficiency
- Experience working on deployments in a live environment is a plus
- Multiple language proficiency is a plus, especially Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!