China - Esports Publishing Lead - Global Events
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
That’s where you come in.
As a member of the publishing team, eSports Publishing will drive global eSports in China proposition and strategy with product driven mindset, Branding, marketing campaigns, content production, PR, off-line events and community efforts for multiple products, and also work with TJ sports on LPL cooperation on global events. You're eager to design marketing campaigns and experiences that genuinely engage players, fans and even broader group of audience, and inspire more of them to dive into eSports. With network already established, you'll be able to retain and grow Publishing professionals and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for eSports fans and eSports community projects.
You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and league partners to the next level. You spell team with 'we'. You will ensure all the experience and engagement with fans in an authentic, player-focused way. Your insights and ability to connect with fans will help us build advocacy and passion around our sport.
You will be part of China publishing management center, reporting to the head of Publishing Platform, partnering with global eSports publishing, eSports development center, integrated publishing, PR & Communications, TJ Sports, Business Development and across whole eSports organization.
- Strategic Planning
- Demonstrate strategic insight to develop long-term strategy and execution plans, seamlessly translating and developing global and China eSports goals into eSport publishing goals
- Initiate market research and build strategy plans in order to grow global eSports presence to Chinese players
- As part of the go to market plans you will define our ESports journey for global eSports products, - where do players consume the product, how will players acquire, how will they socialize
- Work with eSports leadership to evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that increase and amplify global eSports brands
- Work across the entire organization to determine aligned and integrated goals and plans, both ongoing and at the campaign level - from ideation to execution
- You will use best-in-class agencies with tight deadlines and constraints to craft effective and exciting go to market plans and execution
- Establish and use expectations to help us hand-craft marketing solutions that delight ESports fans
- Always put the player-experience first. You will ensure that we are communicating to fans via marketing campaigns at the right frequency and saying the right things to maintain the channel’s health
- Work with global eSports and around the world to adapt a coordinated effort for our players, fans, and followers
- Work with China eSports development center, event and BD team to develop coherent experience
- Work closely with TJ Sports to both bring global eSports to Chinese players and promote LPL to the worlds
- Work with Tencent related functions
Work with Riot internal teams (Game publishing, Integrated publishing, Creative team, etc.)
- Experience :
- At least a bachelor's degree
- 8+years’ hands-on and strategic experience working in (not required all below) brand marketing, publishing, digital, media, social and content across a portfolio of games, sports and creative products and services
- Resourceful on eSports areas is not a must but a plus
- Experience overseeing, optimizing, and building marketing and publishing budgets across multiple work streams and platforms
- Hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast : Your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you're an avid fan of LoL eSports, and take play seriously
- Bilingual : You can converse fluently in both Mandarin and English
- Soft Skills
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into clear message
- A proven multi-tasker : You’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- A problem solver: When run into complex business problems, you are always ready to fix them. You are able to assess the problem, find a creative and effective solution, and employ the necessary tools and tactics to quickly resolve the situation.
- An avid learner: You are always hungry to learn new things. In the ESports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.