Technical Artist, Rigging - Unpublished Tactical FPS (Contract)
As part of the Technical Art team, for a 3-month term of service, you will create rigs for characters and props. You will oversee tool creation and maintenance for all other art disciplines. Working closely with animation, modeling, and concept teams, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. As a support, you will be the carry behind the carry, helping hoist up art teams on the strength of your rigs and tools.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Technical Artist on the team, you will support the rigging of new characters in the game. You will work closely with the Art Director, Animators, VFX Artists and others to create awesome experiences for players.
- Partner with in-house artists and external partners and unify the usage of shared art tools
- Build advanced rigs for a variety of characters and assets using Maya and other internal tools
- Troubleshoot problems for animators and other artists to remove blockers and inefficiencies
- Refresh the performance of our rigs and animations by running them through your creative quality control process
- Experience with 3DS Max, Maya, etc.
- Experience with Python, C# or C++
- Experience shipping a AAA title
- Experience working with game engines like Unreal, Unity, or proprietary technologies
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).