Live Services Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Live Services Manager, you'll use your drive, passion, and leadership to get things done and improve how players experience connectivity and events in the LatAm region. The Live Services initiative is committed to protecting the total Player experience. We ensure Riot's content, services, and products are available to be enjoyed as expected and as intended. We also build support structures which are resilient, responsive, and informative. As representative of the Live Services team, you'll focus on forging and implementing partnerships with major internet and technology providers in the region. You’ll help create roadmaps for connectivity, latency and uptime in the pursuit of improving the player experience within the Riot Games ecosystem.
Your unwavering dedication to the player experience will encourage you to be proactive and pragmatic while you envision creative new ways to define problems, find solutions and implement those solutions. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown and you’re able to tackle problems and protect our relationship with players and partners alike. You’re deeply organized and can not only foresee common challenges, but also quickly respond to unforeseeable issues and you thrive in the unknown. Your clear execution methodology is state-of-the-art, and the support you provide is always best-in-class.
- A technical interpreter: you're a quick learner and an adaptive communicator; while your only experience "writing code" might be editing a wiki, you're able to converse with highly technical Rioters and service providers, relaying information in an easy-to-understand way
- A proven leader: your positive, team-oriented attitude makes you approachable and inspires teammates and partners to meet every challenge with determination and enthusiasm
- A partner manager: you’re comfortable working with third party vendors to drive execution of programs or to identify new opportunities; legal contracts and negotiations are no problem as you work to create the best deal for your projects
- A true problem solver: you approach challenges methodically, sparking discussions as you work towards prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- A subtle influencer: you're able to help drive multiple teams (including ones outside your discipline) to aligned goals by positively influencing their direction with actionable feedback without having to set hard mandates
- A data-informed decision maker: you're powered by player insights coupled with data to identify marketing opportunities and can use both qualitative and quantitative data to build world class experiences for players
- An Agile team member: you have extensive experience working with teams in Agile environments as a Project Manager, Marketing Manager, or Development Manager; you hold true to Agile principles while reliably delivering value to the organization and players
- A gamer: your personal experiences as an online gamer have given you strong ideas about the meaning of "quality of the total player experience" and you're eager to actively apply your observations, discoveries and ideas to continually make things better for players worldwide
- Identify and quickly solve any issue related to our infrastructure and service; you'll do this by leading and interacting with Riot technology teams, ISPs, Data center providers, etc.
- Identify, pursue, and execute business partnerships by engaging and managing relationships with internet and technology service providers to enhance the in-game experience valued by players (e.g., low latency)
- Support and work on all phases of a deal process: source new opportunities, develop opportunities for internal consideration and approval, draft deal structure and provide financial analysis, collaborate with other diverse teams within Riot to accomplish deals
- Utilize metrics and analyze data to assess our methods and tools, then apply your findings to evolve the Live Services processes to reduce player pain points
- Interface with Riot technology, live and engineering teams to identify gaps in our infrastructure, envision and execute initiatives to level-up the quality of our service
- Build and grow the Live Services Discipline in the Region to deliver the best experience to League of Legends players, optimizing processes and ensuring the smooth running of the game while responding quickly to queries
- You will participate in on-call escalations and guide NOC and engineers who are on-call to restore services to players
- Bachelor Degree (wide variety of majors are a great fit for the role like Telecom or Industrial Engineering)
- You are a natural networker with contacts across internet and technology service providers within Latin America and experience with licenses, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Experienced in various scenarios of on-call escalation; can quickly triage problems and bring the problem to the correct on-calls
- Experience supporting a technical business group; partnering with software engineers, data scientists, IT technologist, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Excellent ability to evaluate and build metrics and metrics which trigger into alarms; analytical mindset with experience making data driven decisions
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/DevOps practices and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Resourcefulness in project management and prioritization frameworks for both people and systems
- Deep knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and operating and supporting production services
- Experience with game operations as an added advantage
- Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
- IT Suppliers and/or ISPs Account management experience
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.