Public Relations Assistant - Contract (Part Time)
The Berlin-based Communications team tells the stories that shape the worldwide identity and reputation of EU Esports. We cover everything important to the LEC brand and work across all teams, sharing news with millions of players around the world who passionately love League, its Champions, and our massively popular European esports leagues.
As a Public Relations Assistant, you help execute the PR and Media strategy for the LEC and related EU esports products. You're a communications authority who can craft player- and media-facing communications for clarity, purpose, and intent. You're comfortable in a live event environment and can easily bring order to chaos. You are ready to tell the story of the LEC and other EU esports products to media, influencers, and anybody who will listen.
You are available to work on a part-time basis (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays).
As part of the Berlin-based Communications team you will report into the Public Relations Associate and join a small but impactful team of passionate creators who bring amazing content to our players every week.
Onsite Event Media Management
- Execute the onsite media experience at all domestic events, including regular season and Finals as well as assist with global events as needed
- Before the event, ensure the media set-up, access points, and general traffic flow are appropriate.
- Facilitate media opportunities for pro-players, on-air talent, and Riot spokespeople while maintaining objectivity.
Post-event Coverage Recaps
- Work with the Berlin Communications Team during and after events to compile event coverage highlights and communicate reports to partners.
- Build and share weekly media coverage reports to relevant partners.
- Assist with PR agency vendor management
- Share and facilitate media application/registration forms for events, answering questions from media and influencers as they arise
- Help create Media Briefing Books and share to media prior to the event
- At least 1 year of professional work experience
- A coverage tracker: You're always one step ahead of where Riot and LoL Esports are popping up in the media; you're on top of esports industry trends and able to suggest creative solutions to join the conversation
- A natural connector: You want to set up and handle relationships within the media and elsewhere; you're excited about making connections with influencers, and you're readily available to media to help them perform their job
- Fluency in German
- Experience working in Esports, Public Relations, Marketing, or Live Event
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!