Producer - Tabletop
Production leads at Riot work with partners to guarantee our portfolio of games are high-quality and player-focused. They serve as a contact, building relationships with suppliers and teams at Riot. They also ensure that teams are set up for success at every stage of project development.
As a Producer for Riot's Tabletop team, you will partner with the team’s Creative Director in leading the vision and execution of our tabletop products and report to Tabletop's Product Manager. You will develop relationships between our teams and external development studios to verify we are making the best possible experiences for our players. You will also promote the team’s category strategy and partner with team members to concept, improve, and influence tabletop development with our partners. Lastly, you will monitor team health, progress towards product goals, budgeting, contracting and achieving overall operational excellence.
- Develop category strategy, establish goals, implement the creative vision, accomplish the operational roadmap, and ensure products are achieving the team’s strategic goals.
- Manage the Tabletop team’s processes and rituals, assessing the team's health and composition
- Guide agreement on product decisions, ensuring that appropriate resources are employed and prioritized
- Run, plan, and track development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, handling trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Keep partners and team members informed about project roadmap status, progress, and risks
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create visibility and predictability through roadmaps, planning, and risk management
- Partner with Sourcing to find the right partners at the right price to provide great experiences to players
- Partner with Legal, Finance, and Sourcing to onboard and employ new partners, contractors, and vendors
- 5+ years experience leading production, operations, and strategy
- Experience defining and driving product strategy, leading team operations and collaborating with partners
- Experience collaborating with creative partners
- Managed products and product development through the entire life cycle – from creation, development of prototypes/sampling, overseeing full production runs, and ensuring replenishment.
- Lead diverse teams to bring products to worldwide markets
- Chartered projects with multiple teams
- Design and improve work systems
- Confirmed results tracking and improving overall team health
- International travel
- Passionate for tabletop gaming in all its forms
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent practical experience, in product development or product management
- Experience in financial modeling and cost evaluation
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing partners and familiarity with different manufacturing processes around the tabletop ecosystem
- Proficient in Mandarin
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.