Senior Development Manager - Wild Rift, Around-Game
Delivery Leads guide teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on continual improvement. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
As the Delivery Lead for League of Legends: Wild Rift's Around-Game initiative, you will report into the Development Director for the game. You will drive delivery of features and services across multiple teams. You'll work with and mentor producers of both live services and active product development teams. Serving as the air traffic controller for emergent work, you'll prioritize product increments across multiple complex problem domains. Your work will contribute new content and features that players love, which will provide a positive impact for both players and Riot alike.
This role requires International travel.
- Manage delivery of player facing features and content pipelines for the Around-Game initiative
- Audit existing development processes and bolster them to provide forward visibility and predictability for deliveries.
- Manage the road-map and execution plan - commitments, backlog, matching work to capacity, optimizing slower development loops, and highlighting risks.
- Accountable for dependency management and delivery risks management
- Accountable for team efficacy metrics
- Manage overall team health, and work systems of both teams and all the included work streams
- Responsible for overall team health, and work systems of both teams and all the included work streams
- Responsibility for team staffing.
- Coach the Around-Game producers on Agile product delivery
- You have a deep toolkit of development methodology, and are experienced enough to adapt to new situations.
- 6+ years of experience in game development with demonstrated track record of delivery as a lead.
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand causal motivations
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Mandarin fluency is a plus
- 4+ years of experience making and launching Mobile games specifically
- Experience managing remote teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).