Employee Relations Manager
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish
As an Employee Relations Manager on the People team, you will oversee all things Employee Relations. You are the go-to authority for advising and handling Employee Relations matters to ensure the best possible experience for every Rioter. You’ll investigate complicated issues and navigate them to ensure that everyone involved is protected and on the right side of the law. Your stellar interpersonal and communication skills will come in handy as you handle delicate information confidentially. You will mentor and provide guidance to Rioters globally.
- Conduct HR-related investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws and policies, to reach conclusions and recommended actions, partnering with internal employment attorneys.
- Provide expertise and case management of Employee Relations issues, from initial intake to resolution, in collaboration with the Head of Employee Relations, HR Business Partners, Legal, and discipline/product leadership.
- Create required documentation, including intake, investigative notes, and final reports.
- Interpret and apply understanding of Riot’s policies, and employment law to provide advice, mentorship, or clarification for Employee Relations inquiries.
- Be a coach, mentor, advise and partner with team members at varying levels of seniority
- Often context shift in a matrixed environment
- Manage uncertainty - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of broad HR knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of experience conducting internal HR investigations and managing complex Employee Relations issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA, accommodations, constructive counseling and best practices related to internal investigations.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving abilities.
- Experience handling several investigations simultaneously.
- Experience managing employee relations matters in a start-up environment
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).