Senior Quality Assurance Analyst - League Client
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst on the League Client team, you’ll report to a QA Manager. You will promote high standards and be the voice of quality to the team. Using a comprehensive approach of testing methods, you’ll help to both create and deliver a quality strategy for the team. As the quality owner for the team, you’ll set testing requirements with the product owners and engineers, holding them accountable to their commitments. You will use metrics to improve the efficiency of quality work systems, preventing defects from being created. You will guide the implementation of static, dynamic, and validation testing processes. You will test the software’s functionality, performance, reliability, supportability, and usability. With player experience at the forefront of your mind, you’ll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions.
- Help with the creation of a team-level quality strategy
- Handle communication related to test status with internal partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, including enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Promote discussions about quality for anything that touches the team’s products
- 2+ years of software QA experience
- Experience testing applications
- Experience with strategic quality goal setting
- Experience in QA outside of games
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations
- Experience coordinating external vendor teams
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).