Software Engineer - League, Marketing Technology
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer on League of Legends Marketing Technology team, you will build and support marketing channels and data capabilities for game clients that empower marketers to deliver resonant content to players. You will work on API’s that serve content in flexible ways, integrations with Riot’s central content management system, game client capabilities, A/B testing frameworks, and services that use data to serve players impactful content. You will work flexibly in multiple frameworks and languages. This position will report to the team’s Engineering Manager.
- Develop and support Java-based distributed services used by millions of players
- Develop and support game client integrations that use those services
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional and integration tests
- Participate as a code reviewer for other members of the team
- Partner with product owners to create the best possible experience for players and marketers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years industry experience
- Experience writing and supporting distributed services
- Working knowledge of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automated deployments
- Experience writing, tuning, and debugging distributed systems written in Java
- Experience with big data, such as attribution models and NoSQL stores
- Experience customizing or integrating content management systems
- Familiarity with reliability engineering practices and “Infrastructure as Code”
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).