Senior Manager, Accessibility
As the Senior Manager of Accessibility, you will create the vision and execution of Riot's approach to creating inclusive products and features for players. You will help establish what excellence looks like, and influence how we continue to serve our global audience. You will work with organizational and product leadership to guide operational improvements that help make sure we achieve the best player experience.
Accessibility is a part of the Central Services team, which consists of other quality professionals leading operational efforts across the company; such as business operations, external vendor relations, compliance, and certification support. You will report directly to the Head of Quality Assurance at Riot.
- Build and establish a shared vision for digital accessibility across the company
- Partner with team leads, engineers, and designers to ensure that accessibility is part of Riot's work
- Establish and govern the technical and design standards for accessibility across all our games, platforms, products, websites, and services/features
- Advocate and educate all levels of the company on the accessibility strategy
- Evolve Riot's approach to accessibility by staying up-to-date on technology and trends
- Communicate on behalf of Riot Games on the topic of accessibility games to both company partners and our external audiences
- You have a deep passion for coaching, mentoring, and educating in the accessibility space
- You have experience with digital accessibility tech, design solutions, and policy
- You can demonstrate an understanding of ADA, Section 508, CVAA, and other accessibility regulations globally and how they may apply to Riot Games
- You can demonstrate an understanding of WCAG 2.X guidelines, ARIA techniques, and other accessibility best practices including photosensitive epilepsy risks
- Familiarity or having worked with Harding FPA / PEAT
- Familiarity or having worked with the Game Accessibility Guidelines
- IAAP Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) certification
- 3+ Years experience leading accessibility efforts within the software development industry is preferred
For this role, you'll find success by supporting your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. You'll do this through expertise, a collaborative spirit, and leadership. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.