Senior CG Generalist - Creative & IP Development
Senior Artists on IP/C help ensure we are delivering valuable IP expressions to our players worldwide. We’re looking for a Senior CG Generalist who is willing to create and guide projects that shape our IP outside of games.
As a Senior 3D Generalist within Riot’s Intellectual Property and Creative group ("IP&C"), you will report to the CG Supervisor, joining a team of artists creating 3D cinematics and visual storytelling content. You will help create a diverse and expanding universe of characters and stories in CG. A great reel will showcase a variety of experience, and a foundation in the principles of the craft. You will also collaborate with external production partners as an expert. Your craft expertise will breathe life into iconic and beloved characters for players.
- Generalist-level support for multiple aspects of CG Production, including:
- Model/texturing, creation of CG props/structures
- Lighting and compositing of CG shots
- Shaders/look development
- Character FX (cloth/hair)
- FX (particles/fluids)
- Work within the Unreal Engine pipeline for video production
- Import, integrate or produce elements for our Unreal Engine pipeline and productions.
- Find the best creative and technical solutions, in partnership with the CG Supervisor
- Create CG assets and techniques that fit within the style and pacing of each project.
- Experience with CG Pipelines including working knowledge of VFX, production workflows
- Experience in production with proficiency in three or more of the following and expertise in at least one: modeling, texturing, rigging, shaders/look dev, lighting, compositing, character FX (cloth/hair), FX (particles/fluids),
- Reel/Portfolio that shows both aesthetic and technical skills.
- 7+ years of experience in CG animation production for television, film, games or visual effects.
- Experience in the visual exploration of abstract concepts
- Experience in Maya, Arnold, Nuke and Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Experience giving notes to other artists
- Experience with FX animation
- Rigging and modeling experience
- 2D Animation experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).