Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager, Accounting you will manage the general ledger, overall accounting operations, and will be the liaison for our daily accounting activities for the North American League Championship Series (“NALCS”) in addition to having a significant [leadership] role in the accounting operations of Riot Games. You'll need to be hands-on, work and coordinate with teams in Finance, Legal, Talent, Information Technology, and other teams around the Company.
You will also play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving process and controls, scaling accounting, company infrastructure, and operations.
- Oversee daily accounting operations, including the development of operational accounting policy and general ledger responsibilities for the NALCS
- Evaluate the intricate business environment and recommend reports or key performance metrics and management dashboards that provide management insight into accounting operations
- Ensure that consolidated financial reports are complete, consistently prepared and materially correct
- Manage the monthly financial close process, ensuring all results are posted and fully analyzed on time and reported to executive management within the prescribed timelines
- Manage the coordination and consolidation of our month-end financial reports with our global subsidiaries
- Develop and execute a roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to grow the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Establish operational metrics and rhythm for reporting
- Develop a strategy for future system implementations and enhancements/upgrades
- Oversee system design and implementation and partner with technology operations team to build or improve accounting systems
- Hire, manage, and coach a performance-oriented accounting organization, able to grow with the business
- Provide expertise on the implementation of accounting policies and the accounting for complex transactions
- Oversee audit processes with auditors to ensure the completion of our annual audits
- Ensure compliance with domestic and international tax compliance requirements
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting and have a CPA designation
- A combination of 10+ years of progressive experience in a senior corporate accounting role (multinational tecA combination of 10+ years of progressive experience in a senior corporate accounting role (multinational technology or entertainment experience preferred) and Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Successfully managed a team of accomplished accounting professionals
- Hands-on experience leading accounting operations, the monthly accounting close, and preparation of financial reports
- Experience with internal controls and a process-driven mentality
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems
- The ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Experience with Oracle as a financial ERP system
- Technology or entertainment experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.