Principal Revenue Strategist - R&D
The Revenue Strategy group at Riot performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve our goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and, at our core, a team that loves to play games. We are united by our dream to remain player-focused while maximizing our business outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
As a Principal Revenue Strategist in R&D Office, you will use your deep craft expertise to lead monetization strategy for all new major R&D games at Riot. You'll assess the nature and complexity of teams' revenue strategy needs as an element of the product’s thesis and help determine when in the development lifecycle to address different problems. You will work with game designers to build monetization (and interdependent systems, like progression) from the ground up. Working as part of the larger Strategic Advisory team in R&D, you will also contribute to overall game product & operational strategy (such as prioritizing which game opportunities we are pursuing as a company). As a leader in the revenue strategy discipline, you will participate in broader conversations about monetization strategy across the organization. Finally, you will use additional skills such as research or analytics to have a broad impact on teams’ efforts to deliver a genre-defining experience for players beyond monetization. You will report to the Strategic Advisory Lead on the Strategic Research group in the R&D Office.
- Lead monetization strategy for all new major R&D games at Riot
- Work with game teams to design initial monetization and progression systems from the ground up
- Assess & prioritize teams’ revenue strategy needs with consideration of risk, complexity level, and timing
- Analyze existing monetization best practices to make recommendations for existing teams and new pitches
- Work with other revenue strategists across the organization to establish Riot best practices for monetization
- Partner with designers and product owners to guide game design and product strategy decisions in a way that supports player-focused monetization
- Participate in projects affecting R&D Office strategy, operations, culture
- Mentor other Revenue Strategists in the organization on craft and work approach
- 7+ years of experience working in revenue/monetization strategy or related fields (an MBA can account for 2 years of experience)
- 3+ years doing revenue/monetization strategy specifically in games industry
- Experience conceptualizing, designing, and shipping a brand new monetization product, distribution mechanism, or system within the games industry
- Experience working with game teams, including designers, engineers, artists
- Experience mentoring other Revenue Strategy members in craft
- Experience conducting and socializing competitive analysis of game monetization design and distilling results into impactful recommendations
- Experience doing research or analytics work in the games industry
- Experience advising teams on product and game design problems by applying a combination of a broad & deep gaming background, game design craft, and product strategy thinking
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).