Sr Manager, Production - Unpublished R&D Product
The Sr. Manager, Production is responsible for ensuring the members of the cross disciplined teams can effectively move products and features through the development cycle and out to players. This includes developing and executing the operational strategy of your product, driving the “how” of the work that happens on its various teams. You’re obsessed with understanding how the needs of the audience, the direction of the business, the health of the team and the critical elements of its products are translated into action. You work closely with the Executive Producer and the Game/Product Director to make sure the approach to work on the business is well-defined, that its talent systems are effectively adhered to, and that resources are allocated appropriately.
As a Sr Manager, Production on the Research & Development team you will help organize and deliver one of Riot’s new game projects through to production. You will work closely across all disciplines to ensure the project team is highly adaptable, efficient, and effective. The Sr Manager, Production is a member of the Products leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Producer.
- Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy of the Product
- Develop the work systems used throughout the business unit, including how teams are structured, whether and how they report status back to the business unit, and how multi-team work is coordinated
- Ensuring all teams in the business unit make and meet commitments
- Develop accountability rituals wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Develop systems to ensure problems with delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what’s going on in terms of what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
- Understand the capabilities of the business unit and how those match to its strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
- Inform the other members of the leadership team in choosing how to grow and allocate the workforce of the business unit
- Work with department heads around Riot to represent your business unit’s staff, service, and tooling needs
- Manage the department and discipline leads that don’t report to the Executive Producer, supporting them in their management of the broad span of Rioters on the business unit
- Partner with the Talent organization to ensure that Riot’s talent processes are implemented effectively on the business unit (e.g., performance management, compensation, and promotion systems are consistent and applied based on Talent and Department standards)
- Ensure that conflicts within and between teams are resolved effectively
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- 7+ years of experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, law, finance, consulting, medicine, advanced degree programs, etc.
- 4+ years of game development experience with at least 2 years in a leadership roles shipping games
- Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile software development, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
- 7+ years of experience in game development
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership role shipping games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).