QA Engineer II - League of Legends
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As an experienced QA Engineer II you'll be helping the feature teams working across League of Legends, provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. You can use your experience in QA within game development to help build a player quality strategy. As the Quality owner, you will identify essential improvement areas and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure the test coverage.
- Advise and Execute team-level quality goals.
- Inform product team and discipline leadership on quality goals.
- Call out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary and work with them to conceptualise and support implementation for improvements.
- Collaborate with teams to build and maintain dynamic test plans that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
- Work with the Product Owners and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor QA team members and share knowledge with the rest of the Quality Discipline at Riot.
- 5+ years of quality oriented experience in games and/or games as a service
- 2+ years in a Senior role, overseeing/leading test efforts
- Experience managing test vendors or QA outsource efforts
- Experience as embedded QA supporting developers
- In depth knowledge/experience playing League of Legends
- Good understanding of SCRUM/Agile development and how to support QA strategy in agile environments
- QA experience with different platforms (PC, Mobile, Console)
- Automated testing experience
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.