Senior Software Engineer (Services) - League, Personalization: Merchant's Guild
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Services) on a new team within the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative, you'll report into the team’s Engineering Manager. You will take product ideas around discoverability and acquisition of content and bring them to life. You will collaborate with your team to identify product requirements, help define the architecture of the system, and work hands-on to implement and scale the system that will be shipped to millions of players around the world.
- Design and enhance League microservices
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design, as well as documentation for ongoing support
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through monitoring
- Provide mentorship to more junior engineers
- Participate in on-call rotation
Insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page
- 5+ years of experience working on a distributed back-end or microservices architecture
- Expertise in Java
- Experience implementing best practices in software design, testing, operating and maintaining systems with large user bases
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies
- As comfortable communicating in distributed teams as with people sitting right next to you
- Experience with Golang, node.js, or Python
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, Riak
- Experience with Docker, Terraform or Ansible
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).