Senior Motion Graphics Artist (User Interface) - League Labs
Motion Graphics Artists concept and give life to high-quality motion projects for Riot Games products. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will transform static images into temporal works of art. You will make creative decisions to define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition, celebrate and function in collaboration with artists, designers and engineers, and help usher in the next generation of League of Legends UI.
As a Motion Graphics Artist on League of Legends, you will report to a Lead Visual Designer. You will design, lead, and execute on all of League of Legends and Teamfight Tactic’s motion needs like UI animatics, transitions, full motion user flows, in-engine UI effects, sprite sheet creation, and more. You will work with UI artists, UX designers, Audio, Engineering, and QA on your product team to create stable and performant motion graphics that enhance the player experience.
- Create UI animatics by taking the visual designs of menus, transitions, buttons, and rewards, and animating them according to the League of Legends quality, style and motion conventions
- Develop a vision and lead the charge in bringing UI to life with a team of UX, Audio and Visual Designers
- Refine a bar for quality and drive workflow improvements to unlock the potential for future artists
- Confidently and effectively communicate and represent what motion can be used for and also when it shouldn’t be leveraged to the broader team
- Understand and present the product’s features and goals by breathing life into the League of Legends User Interface experience
- Adeptly balance craft and product feedback with a strong empathy and focus on player experience
- Utilize different technical formats of League of Legends style animations in the most efficient and performant way that achieves the product goals of League of Legends
- Drive gathering feedback across Riot and contribute to Communities of Practice to further define your craft and level up the discipline
- 6+ years of professional experience creating UI animatics for games and/or interactive experience
- Experience animating celebrations, systems, UI notifications and HUDs
- Experience with real-time particle and VFX-based animations
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects and experience with the Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of version control tools and game dev workflow
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Maya, 3DSMax, Cinema4D, or other industry standard software
- Experience working Unity or Unreal a plus
- Experience working in Figma a plus
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP and style
- Knowledge of Teamfight Tactics IP and style
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).