Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Payments
Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Payments and Fraud team, you’ll unlock the ability for players to purchase the content they want on platforms beyond those that Riot currently supports. Whether it’s native mobile or a major game console, you’ll build the plugins to deliver a robust and secure payments experience to players globally. You’ll also add the necessary features to scale and operate Riot Pay across multiple games. This role is about shipping games at its core; launching new and existing games on new platforms.
The Payments and Fraud team’s mission at Riot is to provide players a fair, convenient, and secure payments experience across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond. Our engineers use their expertise in building large-scale distributed systems to help game teams monetize. Millions of players trust us with their money and it’s up to us to ensure each transaction occurs seamlessly.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager of the Payments and Fraud team.
- Contribute to gathering technical requirements and designing payment solutions that support integrations with console platforms.
- Collaborate with multiple game development teams to execute payments integration solutions.
- Deliver high-quality code that scales across multiple products and platforms.
- Integrate payment instruments to our platform from external partners (financial institutions, payment providers).
- Establish strong connections with Product Leads and Engineers to provide guidance, mentorship, and support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Advance knowledge in Java, C++, or another object-oriented language
- Experience with cloud-based solutions for distributed and high-availability systems.
- Experience developing for and operating large distributed systems at high scale (hundreds of servers, global deployments, tens of thousands of req/sec)
- Experience shipping at least one game in one of the following platforms: XBox, PS4, Nintendo Switch.
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine).
- Experience with billing and payment systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).