Game Designer III, Metasystems - R&D
As a Game Designer III, you'll be working in open design spaces to help define the direction of an exciting new gaming experience. As a Metasystems specialist, you will be responsible for crafting player-focused out-of-game systems that will delight players around the world and keep them engaged, both in individual sessions and throughout their player journey.
As a Game Designer III within Research & Development, you’ll design and implement both in-game and out-of-game features on an unannounced project. Working on a small interdisciplinary team, you will have autonomy to balance your priorities and contribute across multiple design spaces to maximize your impact on shaping the game from an early stage. You will report to the Design Manager.
- Understand the relevant audiences for the product and advocate for solutions that will match their tastes
- Design and articulate a breadth of possible solutions, including the tradeoffs between them, to the team and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Utilize rapid prototyping and playtesting where applicable to validate solutions
- Create design documents and frameworks that help align the team around your solutions
- 5+ years of experience in professional game design
- Experience designing systems in large, ambiguous spaces
- Experience with designing progression systems
- Ability to plan and estimate design efforts for progression features
- Experience leading development on features in a rapid development environment
- Ability to balance product goals with design decisions
- 7+ years of experience in professional game design
- Experience with in-game mechanics and system design
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Deep knowledge of mobile games and empathy for mobile players
- Deep knowledge of pvp action games and empathy for pvp action players
- Knowledge of our specific genre, which will be revealed during the interview process
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).