Senior Business Strategist
As a Senior Business Strategist, you’ll shape Riot’s global publishing by working directly with senior leadership (Sr. Director+) to develop, advise, and communicate strategy across multiple dimensions, including where to play (e.g., evaluating markets), how to succeed (e.g., global go-to-market strategies), and operating model (e.g., decision-making and accountability structures). As a fully dedicated strategist you will help senior leaders make critical decisions in a data-informed manner. Primary partners are WWP senior leadership reporting directly to the President of WWP
- Collaborate to solve Worldwide Publishing’s most challenging strategic issues such as:
- Go-to-market strategy - e.g., opportunity assessment marketing budget allocation, regional market prioritization by game
- Operating model design - e.g., evolution of WWP’s team structure to optimize for a multi-game future, ways of working between among global offices, WWP-Game Team collaboration models
- Provide holistic thought partnership to WWP leadership team on issues such as
- Vision/mission, where to play, how to succeed
- Capabilities and operating model
- High-impact business unit initiatives - e.g., channel strategies, Riot-wide projects
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop WWP strategic planning processes, including developing WWP-specific workplans, and rituals (such as leadership offsites)
- Develop WWP mission, goals, commitments, and measures of success with WWP leaders
- Develop, advise, and communicate strategies in partnership with Senior Leadership to shape the future of Riot’s global publishing
- 1.5+ years of experience in management consulting strategy role or equivalent (e.g., corp strategy at top company like Disney, Netflix, Google)
- 6+ years total work experience
- Experience working in the following topics relevant to WWP:
- Go-to-market strategy and supporting functions
- Organizational structure or operating model design
- Regional market strategy and operations
- Gaming or Entertainment Strategy
- Experience communicating with and presenting to executive leadership
- MBA or equivalent (e.g., advanced degree in business)
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.