Development Manager III - Live Services
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Central Player Support prides itself on delivering solutions across multiple projects. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of the Development Manager III. The Development Manager III will continue our tradition of success by having the ability to strategize and implement high-level execution plans across teams. The Development Manager III will have a talent for project management and delegation. The Development Manager III is motivated by the desire to improve productivity and nurture project success from creation to completion.
The Development Manager III will oversee the development and improvement of workflows, project plans, and Global Player Support initiatives.The Development Manager III will assign milestones, develop reporting processes and ensure requirements are met and accomplished across the project. The Development Manager III will also organize collaboration between the individuals working on the project and important partners.
You will report directly to the Head of Player Support.
- Work with Global Player Support teams to accomplish and fulfill the mission of Central Player Support.
- Create transparency and predictability with programs by helping Central Player Support build yearly and quarterly roadmaps.
- Manage project workflows, while raising risks, communicating and analyzing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves value against its objective.
- Manage the project work systems- creating efficiencies across the Central Player Support team.
- Maintain forecasting tools across teams that allow predictability in program deliverables.
- Investigate and qualify metrics/analytics to make informed decisions and determine team success.
- Identify program needs and create teams that accomplish project deliverables.
- Create and oversee the Continuous Improvement Roadmap.
- Ensure Central Player Support celebrates its successes.
- 5+ years of experience working with tech and non-tech teams.
- 4+ years of experience creating roadmaps and success criteria for global projects.
- 4+ years of experience managing large-scale projects.
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experience creating milestones within large-complex programs.
- Experience in Jira and Structure.
- Knowledge of how to implement and improve workflows on Team of Team and pod level.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Support or operations focused organization.
- Previous project leadership role in a large distributed organization.
- Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).