Manager, Software Engineering - Live Services
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a leader within Live Services, you will be part of a broad team that enables Riot to launch and operate multiple games at scale. You will work with central and regional Player Support teams to help shape our player support strategy - and enable us to scale to meet our players needs through technology, not agent headcount. Whether players need support with a new issue with our R&D title in closed beta, or they have a question about League of Legends gameplay - Riot Player Support and Wolf Engineering are there to support them.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager in Live Services, you will oversee the health and performance of the Wolf Engineering team. You will work with product teams across the organization to develop and shape our technical integration and support strategies for each product Riot ships. You will work with Product and Delivery leaders to set the technical roadmap for our global player support organization - ensuring that we have the technology in place to allow our players to seek help when they need it, and our agents have the tools needed to deliver a quality support experience. You will use technology to improve the player support experience, evaluating and integrating industry-leading solutions in machine learning and automation to improve the detection or resolution of issues affecting our players and get them back in game faster. You will hire to grow the team as Riot matures in operating multiple games, creating an effective and inclusive work environment.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to a group of 10 software engineers
- Partner with your Tech Lead to provide technical direction to Wolf engineering team
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Be a supportive career coach for the engineers on your team
- Partner with recruiting in hiring world class engineers
- Partner with product and delivery leads to ensure your team is delivering on time and at high quality
- Represent your team’s point of view and priorities to other teams and products
- Hold your team accountable to Riot’s engineering and performance standards and Riot Values
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- 5+ years of video game industry experience
- 2+ years experience managing engineers
- 5+ years hands on experience with Java or Python
- 2+ years distributed systems experience
- Experience working with customer support organizations
- Experience leading remote teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).