Head of Product Localization, China Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
The Product Localization function within China Publishing Team helps Tencent and Central product teams understand the gaps and opportunities of our game product experience in China, and drive the process of how we’re going to get there. Product localization's scope covers almost every product feature you can think of, be it a brand new user onboarding process, social feature for a specific game or game mode, or the matchmaking experience for our most hard-core players. Whatever the calling, we identify and bring the solution that our players’ needs.
Product Localization function, on a day to day basis, drives the thinking behind player experience oriented local product feature (re) design, provides thought leadership and project management in optimizing global product feature by advocating Chinese players' needs
As a Publishing Manager, Product localization in League Franchise China, reporting into the Team Lead of League Franchise, China, you will join the effort of shaping the League PC game for players and social media audience in China. By encouraging teams to collaborate you'll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. You'll help conceptualize, influence and achieve results together with Tencent and central product development groups
- Manage the process of adapting creative assets from central into different formats that are endemic to local media channels such as social media, short video APPs or vertical gamers communities
- Analyze and monitor how Riot’s game and brand is perceived and evolves in the China gaming ecosystem, especially on the channels impacted by our localized and adapted contents.
- Align autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap.
- Manage and track project schedules, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs.
- Be responsible for and lead the continuous improvement of product and feature-related player experience for League PC in China .
- Collaborate with external teams to ensure products / experiences are tailored to China market needs and are delivered to players' hands.
- Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement between leads to make decisions that affect game service and operations in China.
- Ensure game and content compliance in China market.
- At least 3+ years of content development and management experience working on key Chinese social media channels like Wechat, Weibo, Douyin, Kuaishou and game streaming sites. In addition, you thrived in a multi-national corporation environment and have adapted or localized various formats of global creative assets to Chinese social media channels mentioned as above.
- Have a keen brand building and have managed multiple top tier brands across wide audiences; knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of publishing campaigns and events as they relate to long term brand identity and consumer engagement.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture.
- Experienced stakeholder management and rapport-building skills.
- Willingness to travel to China, several times a year.
- Have a keen eye for brand building and have managed multiple top tier brands across wide audiences. Knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of publishing campaigns and events as they relate to long-term brand identity and consumer engagement.
- Ability to engage and empathize with players and translate their responses into applicable feedback for the product team.
- Experience in product/project management, preferably delivering player facing products or features.
- Manage project/task prioritization while wearing multiple hats.
- Experience using project management tools to track and achieve project milestones (Favro, Trello, JIRA, etc).
- Full-lifecycle project ownership, from creation to launch.