Localization Supervisor - China Games Team
The localization team aspires to achieve a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, Aatrox to Zed, Barcelona to Tokyo; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. We are globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of game as we help development teams provide content to players everywhere. We aim to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
As a Localization Supervisor on the China Games Team in Los Angeles, you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You will manage all Localization outcomes for a specific language (Simplified Chinese) across multiple products. You identify gaps and needs within Operations and work with other Localization teams to increase efficiency and improve processes. You oversee the daily operational needs of your locale, provide status updates and share information across all customer groups. You will report into the Director of Product Management on the China Games Team.
You will work with Tencent teams, Rioters in Los Angeles and regional offices and external partners.
- Oversee the localization process for Simplified Chinese locale
- Manage a team of specialists and external resources
- Act as a single escalation point for all localization needs for Simplified Chinese
- Set team expectations, monitor KPIs and performance.
- Support team members with operational 1:1s to help them achieve their development goals
- Provide visibility and project updates to partners and customers alike
- You will have at least 2 years experience in a leadership role, managing teams of ICs
- Simplified Chinese and English professional proficiency are a must
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- 3+ years of experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- Comfortable communicating across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Experienced in managing relationships from a distance, and dealing with vendors at scale
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in localization process
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.