Senior Technical Artist, Tools & Pipeline - Creative & IP Development
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist for the All Champs team, you will report to their Technical Art Director. You will build the pipeline and tools to improve asset management and workflow for the team. You will support modelers, rigging technical artists, and other artists and production on the team as they create assets for the library, developing scripts to help improve their workflows and remove technical barriers and inefficiencies. You will also set the technical vision and long-term road-map for the library, and be the main contact for technical needs as the team supports and partners with other teams across Riot.
- Build the pipeline and tools to automate and manage assets for our company wide asset library
- Support production and creative on the team building assets, improving workflow and unblocking production challenges
- Develop long-term strategy for maintaining and evolving the library development and technical capabilities
- Be the bridge between technology and art and maintain communication of technical progress to fellow team members and partners
- Be an available and eager mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft
- Be an ambassador between art and engineering
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in tool development using modern pipelines for real-time and offline rendering
- Expertise in architecture of large modular systems
- Excellent Python development skills
- Experience with procedural content pipelines
- Experience in cloud and web technologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.