Software Engineer II (Frontend) - League Labs, Teamfight Tactics
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating new experiences for our players in and around our games.
As a Software Engineer II (Frontend) on Teamfight Tactics, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team with artists, designers and product managers to create and support the many facets of play. You will report to an Engineering manager on the Teamfight Tactics team.
- Build player-facing experiences that expand and enhance the game experience within a complex ecosystem of microservices and clients.
- Work with a team of experts to design and build new game features
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their team
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code reviews for other members of the team
- Work collaboratively with non technical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Mentor other engineers in technical skills
- 5+ years of experience applying software engineering principles while building frontend web applications
- Deep experience with React, Ember.js, Angular or a similar framework
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Prior game development experience at any level
- Full stack experience being able to flex into services in Java or Go
- Experience building tools and pipelines to facilitate data moving throughout an ecosystem
- Experience with C / C++
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).