3d Environment Artist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a SF Bay Area Rioter, you’ll join a team combining world-class talent with a deep-rooted love of gaming to discover and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer development challenges across the spectrum, presenting unique opportunities for best-in-spec engineers, artists, designers, and devs of all stripes. We think, act, and play like a startup -- so if you thrive on possibility, come on over, and we'll build something revolutionary together.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Environment Art team, you'll channel your wealth of concepting, modeling, and texturing experience to help us tell stories through visually compelling environments. You'll apply your leadership skill and masterful digital brushstrokes while leading the team responsible for ideating and crafting the next wave of visual improvements to new and existing environments.
- Educated: you honed your artistic skills by earning a BFA or received equivalent on-the-job experience
- Always up for co-op: whether leading or collaborating, you're at your best when blazing trails with other daring, industrious pros
- Digital and analog: your storytelling skills span the tableau of tools, from charcoal to Cintiq; your art software skills are top-notch, most of all with Maya and Photoshop
- Cleverly creative: you approach creative risks with a grin rather than a grimace and can fashion a new approach when a problem crops up or there's a shift in direction
- A player-focused gamer: as a passionate gamer yourself, you know how to match player curiosity with imaginative environments and worlds
- Concept and create dynamic environments
- Flawlessly navigate a cross-functional dev environment that includes artists, designers, and engineers to ensure evocative imagery intersects with unique gameplay
- Define how environmental elements interact with players and function within the game world they live in
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across art disciplines; mentor a team of 3D artists, helping them meet and raise the quality bar of Riot's artistic efforts
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.