Accounting Specialist, SEA (Contractor)
Job Id: 4206
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
You will be a part of our Business Operations team for South East Asia (SEA). We manage strategic advisory, special projects, finance, payments and operations across the South East Asian markets: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. We’re an interdisciplinary group of economists, financiers, consultants and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to drive business performance and advocate for players across the region.
As an Accounting Specialist (Contractor), you will report to the Finance Manager. You will work closely with various teams within Riot and with our accounting vendor in supporting the business in the daily financial tasks and accounting as well as driving finance processes and workflows.
- Coordinating with our accounting vendor in managing and executing day-to-day general accounting and accounts payable functions
- Processing vendor invoices for payments and correct coding
- Maintaining of accruals and prepaid accounts
- Maintaining of fixed assets register
- Processing of expense reimbursements
- Assisting with the preparation and reconciliation of monthly and yearly finance closings
- Liaising with external stakeholders for statutory compliance work (Audit, Tax, etc)
- Provide support to the Finance Manager and wider Business Operations Team for all finance related matters
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in an accounting role
- Diploma in Accounting or relevant discipline. Pursuing BA/BSc in Accountancy/Finance or relevant disciplines, ACCA, CIMA can be considered
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Great attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Hands-on experience building systems and processes from scratch
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
- Software knowledge in a financial ERP system or any accounting software
- Software knowledge in using procurement and expense systems