Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Web Experiences
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Web Experiences team, you’ll help us build amazing web experiences across a wide variety of products including Accounts and Identity, Personalized Content and Web Stores, to name a few. Your expertise building first class web apps that leverage distributed systems will enhance all these products and more. Your work will help drive a cohesive multi-platform experience that powers all games at Riot. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Web Experiences team.
- Develop and support our Node based distributed services used by millions of players
- Build immersive web experiences in React that reach players across the globe
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team’s complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- 1+ Years Experience as team Technical Lead, or as subject matter expert in a specific engineering domain across multiple teams.
- Experience with one of the following: micro-services architecture, client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).