Network Engineer - Riot Direct, Network
Infrastructure Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include a functional understanding of networking, or operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware areas such as databases, provider networking, data center networking, or data centers.
As a Network Engineer on the Riot Direct team, you will manage the complete life cycle of our transport network. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate and iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will also help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume these network and cloud resources.
- Troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, and designs in a vendor agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Level up your peers
- 3+ years experience within network delivery and operational support
- In-depth experience with BGP
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- Understanding of MLPS, IS-IS
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus); AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience with Python
- Experience with security appliances
- Experience operating a Service Provider Network
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).