Software Engineer - League, Game Flow Services
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Software Engineer on the Game Flow Services team, you’ll report into the team’s Engineering Manager in LA headquarters. You'll write core backend services to keep scaling League of Legends for our players. We'll need your expertise with platforms and microservices to design robust and reliable systems that are easy to understand and operate. You’ll also draw on your experience with engineering best practices to ensure that our testing and deployment tech is always improving. Finally, you’ll sharpen your eye for player value by proposing new features and by fixing tech debt that is slowing us down. As League of Legends continues to grow, your code will form the foundation that makes it all possible.
- Write high-quality code that adheres to Riot and industry best practices
- Develop and maintain scalable microservices that require performance and resilience
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Drive improvements around the team’s testing and automation tools
- Mentor more junior engineers through pair programming and code reviews
- 3+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C#
- Experience developing and maintaining live web services
- Experience breaking down requirements into work items
- Experience following software engineering best practices such as version control, testing, and code reviews
- Experience with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
- Experience developing and operating global large scale services
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).