VFX Artist II - Gameplay, Champions (Contract)
As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you’ll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you’ll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
As a VFX Artist on the Champions team, you will report to the VFX Art Lead. This position is a one year temporary contract position. You will be the forefront of new Champion and Champion Update creation for League PC. You’ll work with your teammates to hit thematic and gameplay goals while creating the foundation for sustainable future content creation. You will work closely with Development Managers, Designers, Engineers, other discipline artists and the VFX Art lead to stay aligned on vision and priorities.
This is a 12-month contract role.
- Design and help implement the sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity while working to ensure amazing effects are accurately representing a given action or state
- Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information and capture the essence of hundreds of characters
- Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with as-needed
- Find creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and as-needed
- 3+ Years of experience
- Skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
- Experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
- Proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory
- Knowledge of VFX the MOBA genre as it pertains to game design, isometric content, and visual clarity
- Experience working and communicating with several designers
- Development experience creating materials and PBR assets within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
- Tools experience: have worked in several tools, pipelines, and game engines
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of your work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).