Marketing Writer III - Legends of Runeterra
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved champions from the League of Legends universe. As a Senior Marketing Writer (aka Marketing Writer III) on the LoR Publishing team, you report to the Manager of Marketing Creative. You express mastery over the written word in publishing campaigns and create memorable experiences for players. You are a creative strategist, a partner in ideation, and a player representative. You also know when words need to get out of the way for the best player experience.
- Produce projects for our players in all of our regions. You won’t need to be fluent in 16 languages, but you will need to approach everything you create with a global perspective.
- Help establish the voice of Legends of Runeterra for our players.
- Write from the perspective of a specific audience, especially those with passion for Riot’s games
- Produce compelling ad copy—taglines, CTAs and scripts that prompt change in behavior. Experience in ad agency copywriting, game studio promotional writing and narrative storytelling are ideal.
- Defend your ideas with logic and data, but also let them go when needed—no idea is too precious.
- Use your ability to walk up to a colleague’s desk and extract important details in five minutes for efficient info-gathering.
- Approach LoR Publishing projects with fresh solutions that inspire players.
- Hit the ground running—Legends of Runeterra has a release calendar and there’s plenty of work to be done as soon as you start.
- 5+ years developing clear, precise copy for web, social, and other channels
- Experience self-editing and working in a collaborative writing process
- Experience with creative ideation and responding to creative briefs
- Writing room or writing leadership experience
- 5+ years advertising agency or in-house copy experience in video games
- Experience translating creative briefs into creative copy that delivers on business goals
- Experience mentoring others in craft and career
- Passion for gaming and what top game studios are doing—especially how they speak to players
- Mobile game fluency or direct publishing experience
- Passion for Collectible Card Games (CCG)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).