Senior Software Engineer - Riot Developer Experience, Edge
Job Id: REQ-0000718
As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally. You will work across all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the RDX Edge team, you'll build products that enable Riot developers to securely publish their APIs for use at scale. You'll leverage your expertise in building large-scale, highly-available systems to build a managed API gateway service that brings value to millions of players across the world, by handling everything necessary to securely accept and process hundreds of thousands of concurrent API calls for the Riot Games API and critical game loop services used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, Wild Rift, and more. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Edge team.
- Develop and operate platforms and microservices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms and microservices.
- Participate in interviewing and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Drive improvements around the team's testing and automation tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
- Understand relational databases like MySQL
- Experience operating and maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, software at high scale and how to influence latency in online games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).