Development Manager (Localization)
The Development Manager (Localization) reports to the Riot Dublin Senior Development Manager. In addition to typical Producer qualities, you’ll also need an understanding of Localization processes and best practices with the ability to work with different teams located across multiple offices. The ability to support the Localization teams in building pipelines and navigating uncertainty is a must, making use of an environment where ideas are discussed freely to explore new opportunities.
The Dublin Localization team oversees the delivery of Localized assets for all Riot Products across 15 languages. If you want to work in a multicultural environment and help Riot in creating “feels native” experiences for our Players regardless of where they are, maybe this challenge is for you!
- Organize the Dublin Localization Scrum of Scrum rituals and related discussions.
- Implement the Localization intake and change management process.
- Support Localization planning and quarterly road map rituals.
- Implement the Localization tooling work group rituals and activities that sustain and improve the tooling:
- Facilitation, leadership and evolution of the rituals that collaborate to debate and agree on approaches to evolve and improve the Localization processes.
- Grooming, evaluation, maintenance and evolution of the Localization work group delivery tooling (including Jira boards, Dashboards, Structures), training materials, run books.
- Creation, maintenance, and evolution of Dublin Localization work group dashboards and reports that visualize and focus the team on strategic outcomes and influence goals and progress.
- Creation, maintenance and moderation of Dublin Localization meeting charters, communication channels, ritual agendas/notes, and other artifact.
- Up to 5 years of experience development or project management on technical projects with 3+ years using iterative methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Experience producing software projects through the entire product life cycle
- 3+ years of experience using a variety of management tools including specific expertise in Google Sheets (or MS Excel) and Jira
- Passionate empathy and desire to ensure results and a quality member experience
- Experience with software frameworks including Scrum, Kanban, and waterfall
- Technical curiosity with a record of continued learning in technology, tools, and methodologies
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels.
- Experience facilitating meetings with senior management.
- Experience working in a Localization environment.
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations.
- Knowledgeable in ALM Structure use, configuration, and limitations.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!