Revenue Strategist III - Unpublished Fighting Game
The Revenue Strategy group at Riot performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve company goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and, at our core, a team that loves to play games. We are united by our dream to remain player-focused while maximizing our outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
We’re looking for a Revenue Strategist for Project L, our unreleased fighting game. You will work with teams to develop strategies, products, and experiences that grow player value, revenue, and joy across the community. Your near-term focus will be around: 1) Further developing our holistic revenue strategy 2) Leading a team to develop new, player-focused revenue products. Long term you will grow the health and development of the Revenue strategy discipline supporting Project L. You will report to the Manager of Strategic Advisory.
- Lead a small team to design and refine a series of monetization and progression systems that create a positive player experience and help Project L maximize its outcomes
- Partner with game and system designers to build new products and experiences that meet diverse player needs. Some projects will require cross Department collaboration (eg: RPG, WW Publishing)
- Perform competitive analysis and analyze player data to find applicable insights
- Establish market sizing and projections of impact for identified opportunities, both on the feature level and the project level (eg: project revenue for the year)
- Work with the BizHealth team to support corporate forecasts
- Partner with product teams to prioritize their efforts - accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- Educate and mentor other members of the Strategic Advisory department (and Lion team members, in general) on Revenue Strategy
- Experience with microtransactions and game monetization, either through design or personal experience.
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using multiple business or product frameworks and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Experience leading small or larger (e.g. 3+ person) product development teams
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Behavioral Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences (meaningful work experience = 3+ years in relevant space)
- Experience with in-game progression systems, and how they can complement in-game monetization in a way that is beneficial to players and the product
- Deep love for the scientific method; develop and test hypotheses
- Familiarity with the game development process for both games-in-development and live service model games.
- Experience in ecommerce, consulting, or business strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- Knowledgeable of SQL or other relational database languages
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).