Game Designer II, Progression and Monetization - Unpublished Fighting Game
As a Game Designer, you will design and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to create new, player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer II on Project L, you'll report directly to the systems lead and be the designer responsible for our progression and monetization systems. You'll partner with developers from multiple disciplines to ensure that our game encourages and rewards fun, healthy play patterns for years to come. You'll be an advocate for players of all backgrounds, and you'll work with an interdisciplinary team to create systems that delight millions. As development expands, you'll also be involved in conversations around additional game modes and play experiences, from tutorials to tournament design and much more.
- Create long-tail reward structures and model player behavior through simulation
- Work with Revenue Strategists to build player-friendly monetization systems that surprise and delight
- Apply a scientific approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts, and articulate why it works
- Openly document, share, and discuss work with other developers
- Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- Design systems tailored to the needs, expectations, and growth of the fighting game community
- 3+ years experience as a game designer
- Experience designing progression or monetization systems on a released title
- Solid mathematical and technical writing skills
- A background in mathematics, business, or psychology
- Familiarity with social system design
- A history developing a competitive, multiplayer, or live-service game
- Experience with Unreal
- Passion for fighting games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).