Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Talent Generalist, you'll get an opportunity to utilize your Talent (HR) chops by fielding a wide array of Talent-related responsibilities at a tactical ground level. With at least three or more years of experience, you'll garner those skills to partner with Talent Leads, Talent Partners and Product Teams to roll out programs to various client, discipline and product teams. While no day will be the same, you can expect to regularly tackle leaves and accommodations administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, policy implementation, employment law and compliance related issues. In addition, you'll help deliver Central programs to the product teams we support.
- An impactful influencer: undaunted by titles, you can partner with anyone at any level to assist in decisions and you know how to achieve results that make a real impact
- Armed with insight: like the 5-star chef knows their kitchen, you have strong business and HR acumen to navigate through a plethora of HR related issues utilizing your problem, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- A legal wiz: you aren't intimidated by legal jargon; you know CA employment law like the back of your hand (at the Federal, state, and local level to boot!); you can facilitate leaves of absence, ADA, accommodations, and investigations with ease and diplomacy
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don't have all the details; you're comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Act as a first point of contact for initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions and partner with Talent Operations team to provide guidance to Rioters and managers
- Run point on all discipline, product, and international transfers by aligning stakeholders and connecting necessary work streams (immigration, relocation, comp, legal, benefit, and payroll considerations) to expedite the process
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing themes to leadership
- May serve as a point of contact for employee relations, as needed, and assist with documentation
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of product and discipline needs in order to build effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and Rioters, at all levels of the organization
- Works alongside Talent Partners embedded on product teams to help drive action through a consultative approach in areas such as organizational design, promotions, succession planning, talent assessment, and change management
- Provide periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.