Systems Engineer (Game Operations) - Wild Rift, TechOps
Job Id: REQ-0000595
As Systems Engineers at Riot, we work on game operations - deploying, managing, and proactively improving high performing and highly available services for players. We monitor and administer as necessary all game environments, most importantly the production game environment. We work closely with the Live Operations and NOC teams to understand the state of our games and take swift action to correct any and all problems, faults, and outages.
As a Systems Engineer (Game Operations) on Wild Rift you will use your deep technical knowledge and passion to achieve that excellence. Our players are depending on you to provide an uninterrupted game experience. Additionally, you will work with other technical and nontechnical teams, both inside and outside of Riot, to make Wild Rift and its supporting teams operate at peak performance. You will report into the Head of Technical Operations for Wild Rift.
- Ensure that Wild Rift is up and operating as expected through system monitoring and forming close relationships with other teams
- Quickly correct any system faults or failures that are affecting players
- Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep the game operating effectively
- Work independently on mission-critical extended-scoped projects
- Ensure that system, service, and network capacity is sufficient to support current and expected demand
- Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform that maintenance
- Create tools to optimize operational tasks
- 2 years of Technical Operations experience supporting live 24/7 services including building, deploying, securing, monitoring, and fixing systems at scale
- Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
- Experience with building and troubleshooting networks
- Operational understanding of database systems including querying and migrating databases
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and application security including identifying security problems and addressing potential threats
- Ability to write software especially tools to aid in supporting systems
- Experience supporting game infrastructure
- Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized services
- Mandarin Language Skills a major plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).