Senior UX Designer - Player Platform, Mobile
As a Senior User Experience Designer in our Player Platform - Mobile team, you’ll work with initiative leadership to set the design strategy and own design delivery across Riot's mobile experiences - encompassing multiple features, often spanning across channels and teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. Reporting to the Senior Design Manager for all Platform Player Experiences, you’ll work from concept through development and work with other UX designers, visual designers, product owners, and technologists to achieve your goals.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum delightful experiences)
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- Accurate planning and estimation design work for medium to large projects.
- Collaborate across teams and channels to design large-scale products for players
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data through multiple user research methods to make data-informed decisions, and communicate those insights to others.
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer, Information Architect, or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for mobile
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/ capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, ui animation etc.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).