Staff Software Engineer - Connected Experiences
The Connected Experiences team is a group of Rioters looking to make all players and fans of Riot Games feel like they are a part of a larger ecosystem that rewards them for engaging with Riot’s priorities. We want to create scalable solutions that integrate with our games and publishing teams.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be fulfilling the role of Tech Lead on Connected Experiences. You will work with your Product Partner, External Developers, and Technologists across Riot Games to create features and experiences that connect the player experience across all games and publishing platforms. You will work with technical leaders across Riot integrating the appropriate systems, guide technical integration decisions, and provide oversight on technical scoping as we seek to launch our initiatives.
- Ensure the team is meeting engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation
- Provide and champion "definition of done" to their team
- Translate product requirements into technical solutions by proposing the architecture and design
- Oversee the resolution of cross-team systemic issues
- Evaluate prospective external developers
- Reduce uncertainty in a complex and diverse problem space through technical discovery & prototyping
- Contribute to the Software Engineering discipline to level up less experienced software engineers in software engineering, technical best practices, and team collaboration
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C++, Java, Python, or C#
- Experience developing large systems (supports millions of players) from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Experience coordinating technical requirements across multiple teams
- Experience understanding architectural challenges from full-stack development with varied technologies.
- Experience with high-scale services and container orchestration
- Familiarity with internet commerce applications
- Display mastery of the industry-standard tools, frameworks, and practices for their language(s) of choice
- Experience solving complex and diverse problems that require the ability to evaluate multiple variables
- Determine methods and procedures on new work efforts and act as a team lead
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).