Head of Production
The Production Department at Riot defines the phases and best practices of our development lifecycle, from roadmap creation, through development, release, and live operations. The department builds the baseline capabilities Riot needs to deliver. This includes defining the roles and responsibilities of the Rioters within the department, as well as how those roles work with developers from other departments in cross-functional teams to provide value to our players. The Head of Production provides leadership to the department and for ensuring the right talent strategy to accomplish those capabilities.
- Organizational Leadership - The Production department is distributed across multiple departments. You'll lead through agreement, influence, and communicate a compelling department vision. Additionally, you’ll need to help production leaders across the organization by providing guidance and mentorship.
- Production Expertise - You will need a background in product management, project and portfolio management, and other standards, processes, and best practices that ensure predictability, high-quality, and efficient releases of software and game products to our players. You'll be an expert in how games are made and operated from a cross-discipline perspective, including engineering, art, and design.
- Learning and Development - You’ll develop a strategy to improve for Riot’s production craft. You'll lead the effort to provide learning and development programs and courses to producers at all levels and across the entire department.
- Provide leadership to the Production department, including setting a department vision, strategy, and operational model
- Develop production capabilities across the teams of Product Management, Software Development, Localization, Release Management, Live Operations, and Project/Portfolio Management to allow Riot to achieve its goals
- Create mechanisms for ensuring all the functions under the Production department are operating and meeting the needs of our development teams
- Build a sense of culture and community within Production discipline for mentorship, knowledge sharing, and skills development
- Work with the People team to establish and implement a talent strategy, including job architecture, competency definition, and compensation to meet Riot’s needs
- Provide learning and development opportunities for craft growth to add to the capabilities of Riot’s talent.
- Build an external brand for production to help attract and retain remarkable talent
- Experience shipping 3+ large-scale AAA games (games as a service)
- 7+ years of experience working in a leadership role through the different stages of the game product life cycle (e.g. prototype, pre-production, production, launch, and live operations (where applicable)
- 8+ years working in a senior game production leadership role, responsible for organizational leadership, mentoring production leaders, and setting department-level strategy and goals
- Experience implementing development systems at scale (300+ members development teams)
- Expertise in product management and software development best practices
- Lead and run large-scale, change management efforts
- Experience getting people excited and committed to furthering our goals; demonstrated ability to gain other’s support for ideas, proposals, and solutions
- Experience promoting a sense of a sense of connection and belonging for teams and organizations
- Graduate degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).