Revenue Strategist II - League of Legends (Gaming Monetization)
The Revenue Strategy group at Riot performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve company goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and, at our core, a team that loves to play games. We are united by our dream to remain player-focused while maximizing our business outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
As a Revenue Strategist II for the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative on League of Legends, you will improve strategies and designs around League’s game revenue products specifically focusing on live events and the delivery of products such as skins, event passes, loot, and rewards through these events. You will work closely with producers to improve our portfolio and ensure players have a positive experience engaging with it. You will report directly into the Manager, Strategic Advisory for PIE.
- Partner with producers to meet player needs for personalization content, strengthen the revenue health of League of Legends, and guide towards player-focused monetization strategies
- Drive live event monetization strategy for League of Legends
- Identify, prioritize, investigate, and propose player and revenue opportunities for League
- Work with Insights analysts and researchers to develop product recommendations and inform new opportunities through data-informed approaches
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product results in front of partners and senior leadership
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams (engineers, artists, etc.) to ship products to players
- 3+ years experience in business strategy, management consulting, revenue strategy, pricing strategy, data analytics, or related experience
- Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes
- Experience breaking down complex problems and creating solutions for our players and our business
- Understand microtransactions and game monetization either through design or personal experience
- Experience working with cross department teams (e.g. artists, engineers) on consumer-facing products, driving end-to-end efforts to launch new products or distribution systems, from ideation all the way through to post-launch iterations
- Experience in e-commerce, monetization, consulting, or strategy for consumer-facing products
- Knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL, Tableau, Excel
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).